Sunday, May 24, 2009

Dogs And Bentos

There has got to be a better way to wash a dog than tieing the leash to the porch and squirting the hell out of the animal. My dog Chewie freaks when he's near water, I don't know why. The quick squirting method is the easiest way. The siblings have tried the bathtub and trying to be sweet and calm and he completely flips. I think I'm going to have to find a website that can help me or ....something.

My sister was saying something about taking him to a groomers but he's a short haired dog and who has that kind of money now a days? Also I think it's a little bit pathetic to sedate a dog every single time he needs a bath. Then again I don't like seeing him get so scared he's choking himself with his collar in an attempt to get away either.

What's weird is I also don't remember him having a bad time with baths when he was a little puppy. He loved them. Maybe next time we should try the bathtub thing again, only this time I'm going to see what exactly the siblings are doing to get him clean. They could be doing something that freaks him out.

I am so happy today. I'm bringing my bento box to work. And I've tried my hand at a little beginners bento art. Nothing big or fancy, but my hot dog now resembles two little octopus. For anyone confused a bento box is a Japanese lunch box. I need to start bringing my lunch to work more often and disregarding the take out. Just so not healthy. I am also intrigued by bento art. It's so neat! I want to get better so I can make all the weird things I've seen like the rice balls made to look like pandas and such. I also need a digicam as I've said before. But this is the bento I have.
http://www.jbox.com/IMAGE/ceOw7

Yeah, I should probably turn in my goth card after buying this, but I just couldn't resist it.

3 comments:

  1. you are so funny and cute!
    For the oat bread, if you don't have a breadmaker, you can make it with these instructions:
    1) Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl (except for yeast)
    2) Combine yeast, brown sugar (or honey - it'd probably dissolve better), butter/margarine, and warm water in a separate bowl. Mix until dissolved and let it sit for a couple minutes until creamy.
    3) Add yeast mixture to dry ingredients.
    4) After kneading the dough for a while (10-15 minutes or so), leave to rise until it was just over double the size.
    5) Punch it down.
    6) Put dough into bread pan and left to rise again.
    7) Bake in the oven for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.

    (my bread maker let it rise and punched it down twice, but i think one time may be sufficient)

    Let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen those bento arts, and have always been amazed...how can ppl bear to destroy that masterpiece by (gasp) eating it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of dog is Chewie? Not a water dog, I'm guessing.

    As for the Bento Box, check out my old pal Trent Vanegas' "Pink is the New Blog." He loves all that Japanese stuff. Have to admit, Hello Kitty like stuff is pretty damned cute.

    ReplyDelete

I wish my comment form was shiny.