Friday, June 19, 2009

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow

Not much of a post here, but still. Thought just popped into my head. I always think it's so weird, when you start a relationship with someone that lives near you and you start going out places with them. You wonder how you've never seen them before since they're all the places you normally go to.

Then you break up and you wonder why you never see them anymore.

It's just so weird. When I was with my girlfriend (now ex obviously) I always wondered the exact same thing. When we went places I normally frequented I would sometimes be shocked only to have her go, "I come here all the time." or something of that ilk. Now I haven't seen her in about a year and a half. Not that I particularly want to...except on those days when I'm looking particularly super fine and just kind of want to rub it in her face should I ever see her.

No I'm not bitter, just evil. But it's still kind of weird. Especially how sometimes I can't help but look for her. No, also, I'm not regretting not being with her, just trying to prove my own point.

3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of that Donovan song, "First there is a mountasin, then there is no mountain, then there is . . ."

    It's cool being human, eh? And strange sometimes, too. It's even weirder living in a place, then moving away, then moving back, or never moving back, and trying to remember, or visiting, and trying to place the formerly familiar, only to find it chimerical, or not quite as remembered, or trying to show a new love the familiar, and seeing it with new eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had a relationship before, so I can't answer this question. But I would like this to be true. I don't think it would be too nice to meet my ex...it'll be so awkward. Do I say hi? Do I just pretend not to have seen him? And knowing myself, I'll probably be looking like shit. If you look particularly good that day, maybe if you stand around that place for hours at a time, she might catch a glimpse of you. Or maybe she just avoids that place because of memories?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just the opposite experience...I run into my ex boyfriend EVERY TIME I go somewhere near where we went to college (his town).

    ReplyDelete

I wish my comment form was shiny.