Friday, June 26, 2009

More Thoughts On Michael

Now that I have more time to write on the subject and it is not 1am. Not sure how to start this post. I want to say something like, in a way I'm glad he's dead, but that just seems too cruel. On the other hand I'm not sure how to articulate it. Don't get me wrong, I am not ecstatic nor jumping from wall to wall over his death. That's not what I mean. Simply put, I am glad he is at rest and peace and would like to share my condolences for his family.

I'm not one of his biggest fans, nor have I really been that much affected by his fame like so many people have been. I'm just shocked actually that he's actually dead; more so on the way he died. To me he has always seemed like a tragic figure. He never had a childhood, was abused and his dad was a piece of crap. He had butt loads of money trouble in later years and had to deal with a society that did not seem to understand him and of course being a celebrity, the media that can turn on you on a dime. We're also not even going to touch on all the court cases.

It just seems to me like he's never been able to get a break, except for with his true fans. I've always felt so much sympathy for him.

RIP

4 comments:

  1. I understand what you're trying to say, and I'm with you, there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel SO sad for MJ...He definitely did NOt have a happy life...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand exactly what you are saying and totally agree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, right on. I refer to him as a sort of Benjamin Button -- had to be an adult much too young and tried to recapture a lost childhood (which couldn't help but be distorted and bizarre) as he rowed toward death -- he is much more tragic in my eyes now than he was even a couple days ago.

    ReplyDelete

I wish my comment form was shiny.