Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Coast Guard

Went to my Grandma's for the past two days and found out my cousin is going to join the United States Coast Guard. I'm iffy with the military, but I'm so proud of my cousin. I just hope that this is what he really wants to do, after he signs up he's stuck for the next four years.

I'm just glad he didn't decide to go into the army, I do not want him to go to Iraq.

Any who, it's a really good paying job and if he decides to go back to college they pay for it. He's going to go to boot camp for two months. I'm going to miss him so much. I think it's a good thing though, he'll get to travel and get paid well.

The only thing I'm afraid of is this. My grandma and me were talking about his decision and she looked at me and said, "He's going to change a lot."

I hope he doesn't change too much!

Edit: Completely off topic, but found out from burp and slurp's blog that this blog is having a give away for all the little foodies and wannabe foodies out there. Check them both out.

2 comments:

  1. It is true...he IS gonna change. But in a good way. He'll be stronger, not just physically but mentally, he'll learn to be responsible and loyal, he'll discover new friendships and authority. I have a few friends who were/are in army, and they all came back like a new man, but proudly so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He will change in a good way, if you think of it in a different way.
    My Dad was in the Airforce and the best thing it teaches you is too look out for your mates - camaraderie.
    If he is already a super person, imagine how thankful you would be to have him on your team?
    Everything is going to be ok. He will get great life experience and he has your support to back him up and love him. Two wins!
    x

    ReplyDelete

I wish my comment form was shiny.