Thursday, July 23, 2009

Fucking Sweltering

Somebody help me. It's so damn hot in this house my brain is boiling. I....I can't take it anymore, summer needs to go away, I never liked it anyways; my makeup always melts off. I can not sleep, I wake up and am coated in sweat. It's disgusting. I think even my teeth are sweating. Blech.

So I've been seeing trailers for District 9. Has a pretty cool website for the movie. At first I couldn't figure out if it was a scifi action/comedy ala Men In Black, or just scifi action. Now I'm pretty sure it's an action movie. It seems to be an allegory of some sorts to negative views on foreigners and racism (those seem to go hand in hand). I did like the fact that on the website and in the trailers they showed other foreigners views on the aliens of District 9 that were no living on earth, and it's basically exactly what some jerk ass American has probably said about them and their people at some point in time. It's not overtly cliche and proves a point, nicely done.

Even though it's an action movie, the trailers make it seem sad to me. There are these aliens that land here, and I'm going to assume they crash land here, because if I could be anywhere right now; it would not be on this hot ass planet! I'm thinking Hoth, I would fucking love to be on Hoth right now. Anywho, apparently they have something and our government wants it and now they can't go home which is really all they want to do.

I don't blame them, they probably come from some great, awesome planet where the men and women are served by either topless or bottomless drink servers of their choice of gender and they lounge by a pool where it's neither too sunny nor too cloudy drinking mojitos all day long. And then they land on this crap hole planet where it's so goddamn hot all freaking summer long!

Oh Gods...I want to see this movie, it looks interesting...I think I'm going to see if I can shove myself into our freezer. Goodnight.

3 comments:

  1. I was just in San Diego, where it is PERFECT. And now I'm in ILLINOIS...where it is SO NOT PERFECT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whew, what a giddy post! It sure is HOT ain't it? It's storming right now really badly here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds cool, the movie; sounds hot, the abode. I loathe hot, unless as a metaphor. You can warm yourself up, but it's hard to cool down. Which makes me want to go swimming, I guess. Or blow the AC on high, under a white tiled roof.

    ReplyDelete

I wish my comment form was shiny.