Thursday, December 30, 2010

Festival Of Trees Pt.1

A while ago I went with my two Jessie's to the Festival Of Trees at the Towson Fairgrounds. I've never been before and at first I didn't really want to go, because I'm normally not a 'Holy Shniz it's Yule!' type of person. But I am glad I went. Also being that I have to get the pictures off of my phone and that I can finally post blogs with pictures now; I would like to share the trip.

The Festival Of Trees is this huge charity that auctions and sells trees, wreaths, gingerbread houses and stockings for the Kennedy Krieger Institute. The place is huge and has at least three rooms full of trees and things people have made. Vendors, live entertainment and things like that.

When we first went in there we took a look at the gingerbread houses. Some of which were completely epic in their build.


Like this gingerbread treasure chest from Micheal's Arts and Crafts.


And this huge town hall looking thing.


This is the center view of it. Look at that tiny gazebo! Which I was told was edible. Well, everything had to be edible so of course it was.


Mmmm cheezits and toasted marsh mellow Jelly Bellys. This was made by two people from St.Timothy School, a private boarding high school for girls.


I think the water was made using cake decorating gel.


Tiny edible Sydney Opera House. If I'm reading the half of a card that shows on there and remember correctly this was done by Patapsco High School and Center for the Culinary Arts. Maybe they teamed up, or maybe Patapsco has a Culinary studies class or whatnot, I don't know.


This was my favorite. At first I thought I wanted to just steal it and lick it like some sort of sugary salt lick, but then I realized I wanted to steal the pretty dress from the Labyrinth and live in it.


Yo Gabba Gabba bitches.


Completely awesome Nightmare Before Christmas inspired house.

Next post, we move on to the actual trees....and one cute wreath I managed to spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I wish my comment form was shiny.