Thursday, January 20, 2011

Atleast We're Not Number One

As my Mom was the one in the living room watching TV, I was subjected to the news tonight. Apparently Baltimore is the 7th rudest city in America. I'm not sure that's entirely true. In my opinion, the general populace is whiny and stupid. They can't help being rude, they don't know what they're doing, they're Baltimorons. Then you have the part of the population that has bouts of rudeness caused by frustration from others stupidity. It's a catch 22.

So there you go, you want to combat rudeness, grow a brain and practice patience; beyond that I don't know what to tell you(O.K., actually some of us are pretty rude, but truth be told a lot of the people I come in contact with aren't half bad. Do not let the news scare you away from Baltimore, let the muggings do that).

Speaking of rude people, my ex-gay has been texting me again. I've never seen someone not take no for an answer. Me and him have known each other for about 10 years and he's always been somewhat of a mooch and has been known to stretch the truth. Over the years it just got worse and kind of blindsided me and my friends when we caught him in a string of lies and backstabbing. Not to mention he also stole money from my friends.

He wants to know if I'm still mad and if we can talk. It makes me sad, I love him, I do, but I can't be his friend anymore. I've forgiven him, but I can't forget. Truth be told also, my life has gotten so much more better now that I've ditched him and some other more toxic friends. I'm doing so much more better mentally and it's starting to show outwardly as well. I'm constantly having good days, not days where I'm all mopey and secretly upset and depressed or just blah. I'm not about to give any little bit of that up. However I do believe I'll have to block this number he texted me on, which makes it the 4th or 5th number from him I've had to block.

He's very persistent. I've also had to have security chase him away from my work. My friends tell me to change the cellphone number. I don't think I should have to. I'm so tired of changing my cellphone number. I've gong through so many pay by minute phones, now I have an actual phone. A nice sleek little palm pixi that's due for an upgrade (woot!). I should not have to change something of mine for the umpteenth time because someone can't take a hint.

He hasn't texted in 2 days, but I'm not sure what to do. If I was sure that he had completely changed and done a 180 I would think about it; but I know he hasn't. When I really think about it, the whole thing makes me kind of glum. He had his good merits for sure, but I just can't take it anymore. I hope he doesn't try and contact me anymore.

2 comments:

  1. And apparently LA is the number 1 rudest city? :-(

    I'm sorry abt the guy always bothering you...I hope he gives up and accepts the fact that some things can't be pushed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and I hope so too. He's starting to reach creepy stalker level.

    ReplyDelete

I wish my comment form was shiny.