Thursday, June 9, 2011

Tallahassee Would Know The Answer To This

While driving home from work I had to roll down all the windows since I am running on gas fumes until I can get money for gas, and it got me thinking.

In the impending Zompocalypse, A/C or windows? I'm not sure this has ever been covered in zombie survival talks. It's no good to have a heat stroke while you're trying to get away from the undead. I can see the merits of both.

Air conditioning uses up your gas and unless you want to siphon gas from cars after a couple of hours, windows down in the heat is good.

But there are zombies on the loose! I mean, I guess if there weren't that many, it wouldn't matter, you are in a car you can just drive away. But what if there are ass loads of zombies milling about? A/C would be the better choice. You need the protection, however limited, that the windows would bring.

Also, what about those windows? Tinted or non-tinted? Do you think if they were tinted the zombies would be less likely to attack since they couldn't see you in there?

Personally I think I would keep some jugs of gas handy in the backseat and go with tinted A/C.

4 comments:

  1. windows for sure! it may smell like dead bodies but thats the smell of victory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just see you rolling with the top down... "I love the smell of zombies in the morning" lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'd go with your conclusion -- tinted windows, AC, extra Jerry cans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. for the gas usage thing, it depends on how fast you're going. I think on average if it is below 45 MPH, windows down uses less gas than AC, but 45+ AC uses less because the windows being down creates additional drag, which makes the car have to work harder to maintain the speed

    ReplyDelete

I wish my comment form was shiny.