Monday, August 1, 2011

Past Due Updates

So yes, I have been gone quite a bit. Damn my bout of procrastination! Yes, just a bout...one...at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I've meant to do this update about a month ago when it was relevant. But procrastination came, and then I got sick and had to go be in the hospital for a week, and now here we are.

I'm so happy. The Girl Scout booth at the Heritage Fair went a lot better than expected. Apparently I'm good at getting attention. I'm also good at scaring people. Then again dressing all in black and wearing a pink inflatable crown might do that.

All in all we got 12 girls to actually join and about 4 adults (I think?). Kudos to us and our rinky dinky booth.

While we were there I was introduced to two cover bands I am ashamed that I never heard of before.



Sons of Pirates. Much more than a Jimmy Buffet cover band. They are awesome. For some reason I can't get the link to work with me. Look them up on facebook under Fans of S.O.P. (Sons of Pirates) and join.

And this amazing Beatles tribute band The Mahoney Brothers. They sound like them, dress like them and do costume changes throughout their sets.



I also won this adorable thing from the Boy Scout booth next to us.



All hail King Squishy! Lord over all things cute, squishy and hamster-like. He squeaks when you hug him.

I also feel like semi bragging about these weird technicolor deviled eggs I made for a party at work. I don't know why, they just look cool and I probably shouldn't be allowed near food dye.



I love oddly colored food things. Every time I ate them, I felt like I was reenacting this scene:



Just with less food fighting obviously.

5 comments:

  1. Great to have you back my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like they'd taste better in different colors. Very bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool beans. Brightly colored cool beans. And eggs. And all around kudos ~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zombie - Thank you! Glad to be back! I really must curb my laziness :p.

    TS - They do! To me at least. lol. Plus just try and stop yourself from saying bangarang everytime you bite into one!

    Erik - Thank you ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats nice, keep it up!
    +followed

    ReplyDelete

I wish my comment form was shiny.