Friday, January 6, 2012

This New Year Smells Like A Used Car



I hope everyone had a fantabulous New Year. The beginning of the year always gets me thinking about things like resolutions. While it's so easy to decry them because of their low turnout rate, I think I believe in them a tidbit more than I say I do. Plus, with everyone making resolutions left and right and talking about them, it does give one a jump on ideas for things they have been wanting to change but didn't give time to think about.

I have been mulling over in my mind the past couple of days things I want to do with the blog (See, I wasn't' slacking off those past two weeks....OK I was slacking off). I've moved the radio player to the top, where you can easily see it and turn it off. It occurred to me that people might not have known it was at the bottom of the page and it's really annoying to try and find it to turn it off for whatever reason you have.

Design issues aside, I really want to start doing writing challenges and just write more in general. I'll admit I have been kind of slacky last year with writing stories and posts. Sometimes it's just hard though. I'll sit down to write and it's like my mind goes a mile a minute to the point where my ideas and inspiration halt to a standstill. It's very frustrating. Once I get started it sort of goes away, but it's so hard to get started. I love the idea of blog challenges and writing prompts, if for nothing than to give me more practice. And I can always use practice.

Starting today I'm going to do a 25 random question writing challenge from a questionnaire I did for an e-mail thing I was in. I also have come up with (with input and writing prompts from friends as well) a blog challenge for February. I couldn't find any suitable ones so I came up with my own and aptly titled it 29 Days Of Sex. It actually deals with more than just sex. Love, relationships and all that jazz, but the title fits more than any other one I tried to come up with.

I also have a huge list of blog post ideas that I need to get through. Some of them I haven't written because they're stories of stuff I did as a kid and I feel odd just writing about it without some sort of segue. Considering that the blog's name is 'This Blog Has ADD' you wouldn't think that awkwardness would be there but it is. For some reason I just feel the need to segue into the post. It kind of reminds me of that quote from Mary Katherine from Superstar: "There are two ways to get into the water. First you take your toe and you gently test the water’s temperature, and if that feels okay, then you slowly get in, letting your body adjust to the cold. Then there’s this way- you JUMP!"

It seems I do not know how to jump. I also got preoccupied with other posts that take precedence.

I am determined that this year will be my 'Summer of George'. I don't know about anyone else but last year sucked so many penises I lost count. So here's to new beginnings, and hoping we all survive the Mayan Apocalypse come December.

Also, here is a picture I drew of Kurt Cobain that I finally got the guts to share. It's OK, I did this a couple of months ago, and as always my caveat is that I haven't drawn in a while.



Random Question 1:
If you were to attend a costume party tonight, what or whom would you go as?
I would definitely go as Divine from Pink Flamingos or a mermaid. I don't know how to do a beehive ( I know, I'm a bad Baltimoreon) though, so I'd probably have to buy a wig.

1 comment:

  1. i'm learning how to jump! oh, and i was thinking i'd go as a lobster.

    you definately need a wig to be lady divine.

    AND i also need writing challenges. BUT i made one up for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I wish my comment form was shiny.