Friday, May 11, 2012

Let's Procrastinate Together

So I'm back. Gotta say, not too fond of my Blogger homepage layout. Why the fuck did Blogger have to go all Facebook on our asses? 

Two and a half months. This is exactly why I shouldn't take breaks. I only meant to not write for two weeks after the last blog challenge. I was supposed to also be working on my stories. I haven't been doing jack shit.

At first one month went by and then a half a month went by. By then I was like 'Fuck it! Go big or go home, let's finish out this month doing nothing too!', so I did. It's not entirely my fault. I've been really tired and "blech" lately. Not sure why. Especially recently I've been having really weird mood swings and keep almost crying or tearing up about everything. I just feel sad at odd moments and I just want to sleep. I've also been having these small, minor panicky episodes lately.

Like a week ago I was at work by myself on the night shift, giving out some information to a hospital who wanted to know where to call to get their test results. I can feel my eyes watering and my voice getting thick as I refer the nurse to a different hospital. After hanging up I had to sit there and give myself a minute to get myself under control. For no reason at all....fucking crazy.

Sometimes I think I'd feel better if I did just have one big cry, but I have qualms about crying that go way back. It's very hard for me to actually cry. I might cry for a couple of seconds or shed a tear or two but unless something major happens, or I have some sort of break, everything kind of just gets shoved down and tucked away inside. I'll sit in my car after work trying to calm down, wanting to cry and waiting for the tears to come....and I just sit. Sometimes it just feels like crocodile tears because I don't actually cry. I make weird little moaning sobs but no tears actually come. Then I just feel embarrassed, angry, and worse than before.

I think I'm going to give myself a week to get my shit together, hopefully I'll stop acting like a little asshole by then.  And hopefully I'll be finished a short story as well, or have an actual blog post.

Until then it's Show And Tell Time.  Here are some random websites and Youtube videos I've been using to procrastinate with. Hopefully they entertain you as much as they have entertained me.

I have been really getting into Tumblr lately. I don't quite understand it, or why it won't let me comment on things like a normal blog, but some of the pages are really neat.

Pandacatapus is pretty awesome. I love the chick that owns this Tumblr. I think she's equal parts smart and hilarious. Even if I don't agree with her on some things I think she raises good questions on some of her posts. I found her by one of her Youtube videos. It was her take on Shit Girls Say. I was going to put it up here but she said on her page that she wishes people would just forget about it, so I felt awkward. Apparently she's gotten hate mail because some idiots don't understand what a spoof is. Or that just because one person shares their experience of something that happened, it doesn't mean all (insert demographic here) have done that or act like that.

Fuck Yeah Dykes
Exactly what it says on the tin. I love lesbians, especially the more butch or androgynous ones which this site is chock full of.

Also it has this cute video that somebody submitted.




So now I can't hear this song without thinking of dancing queers. Which totally makes it better.

Goths Up Trees
Being as the person that owns this Tumblr comments and rates the pictures, it's almost like a weird version of Hot Or Not. It's sometimes funny. Mainly I really like the pictures and the clothing being shown in them.

Which makes me sad that this Tumblr page was updated for a couple of months and then forgot about. The commentary was kind of mean, but that was the point. It was also funny and I loved the pictures. I like seeing how other people do their goth make up and how they dress.

By the way, has anyone noticed that the Look At This Fucking Hipster blog is now down? Seems to be for good I guess. Sucks.

Fuck Yeah Wiccan Raven
When looking for new Tumblrs to peruse, I've gotten into the habit of just writing 'Fuck Yeah' before...anything. I think they might make up 70 percent of Tumblr. This one is cute though. Some of the Wiccan Raven memes really take me back to the days when the occult section in our local bookstore was one half of a shelf case located near the UFO section. You had one shelf that had pagan related books, about half of the shelf below it, then paranormal and a bunch of UFO related shit.

I have been getting really addicted to 'Shit X Say' spoofs that people are putting up on Youtube. Some of them are hit or miss though.



I love the blue hair so much. Damn can I relate to this though, I can't tell you how many of these I've gotten before.



Relevancy out the ass on this one as well.







I fucking died. I've both said and recognized so many things from this one I almost felt embarrassed. Almost.



 Haven't heard many of these, but I just thought it was funny and I love the actress.

 Enough with the Shit People Say videos. I have been watching a lot of Let's Play videos as well, having just been clued in to their existence.  Marshmallow Murderer is really funny. Although it seems that now he's working on a Star Wars game, I wish he'd do more survival horror.

Oh well, there's always Psychadelic Snake. He is the biggest spaz I've ever seen. Love his walkthroughs.

Now that I've finished giving everyone even more of a reason to not do shit, I'll see you bitches in a week.

Fuck it, two more:

I was trying to embed this but it seems to have thwarted my tries. It's a funny music video of this song this chick made up called Goth Blocked. Worth a watch.


4 comments:

  1. Welcome back, some of these "shit (insert group) say" are just hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. Please update your blog daily :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both!

    Intimate- I try. :p I try at least bi weekly normally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey all right -- whatever works, works ~~!

    I like the flanking bookends of falling flowing card suit symbols proving once again: hearts are trump, except for clubs, spades and diamonds . . . da da da . . . Shit an Ace says . . . Shit a Joker says . . . shit a Jack *doesn't* say -- or do ;->

    ReplyDelete

I wish my comment form was shiny.