Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mondrian Mousepads

I woke up laughing today. It's a very odd thing, I suddenly remembered something out of the blue and I'm not sure what brought it on.

I used to have an online store on Cafe Press called Sickness Inc. and my user name was CutelyEvil. I had a bunch of ideas for buttons and the like, still do, and I thought it was a neat idea to be able to come up with designs and be able to sell them and make money.

I was trying to come up with a design for a mouse pad when I thought of a Mondrian inspired art piece. I was really into Mondrian for a stint in high school and trying to think of stuff for the online store kind of brought it back out in me. I don't know what it is about his art that I like, but I love looking at his pieces. I really like abstract art and things to begin with, I think I was intrigued by how straight and uniform everything seemed.

Anyway, someone bought it and the store was not selling and I didn't have the money or time to put into it to upgrade it and stuff like that. Because of Cafe Press' policy on only giving you checks if it goes over a certain amount, I never saw the money from it either. Didn't really matter to me as it was only five dollars.

I still just think it's funny, that if I accomplish nothing I can still at least say that somewhere out there someone has a mousepad I designed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I wish my comment form was shiny.