Thursday, September 20, 2012

25 Day GPOY/MFW Blog Challenge: Day 5

MFW someone messes up the genre of my favorite band.

Stolen from Reaction Gifs.
 
I've said before that I have trouble with certain music genres. I don't understand pop as a genre, and everything that isn't rap, country, pop or obviously metal to me is just rock and roll. which being that rock or alternative seems to be an umbrella term, that's been working pretty good for me so far.
 
A good portion of the bands I'm into tend to fall into the simplistically labeled side of music. They don't usually have 5 different qualifiers, you know what they are. Nirvana is grunge. Green Day is punk rock. David Bowie is weird and awesome. That sort of thing.

So when someone says that Green Day or Nirvana is a goth band because they wear/wore eyeliner or dyed their hair purple, it makes me make the face above. Other times I can understand though. There are so many music labels with new ones being created or coming to the surface every couple of years, then you have bands crossing labels, switching them and having more than one label apply to them It just kind of makes one go, "Fuck it! It's all rock and roll to me."

1 comment:

  1. 'You know, my temperature's risin'
    and the jukebox blows a fuse
    My heart's beatin' rhythm
    and my soul keeps on singin' the blues
    Roll Over Beethoven and tell Tchaikovsky the news . . .' ;->

    ReplyDelete

I wish my comment form was shiny.