Saturday, September 22, 2012

25 Day GPOY/MFW Blog Challenge: Day 8

GPOY today.


MyFaceWhen.net
I was originally going to post this:


GIFSoup

But all of those emotions seem to meld into one big glob of 'meh' in the end. Mainly due to the feelings of being groggy and full that are hovering over all the other emotions.

I had to work the overnight and spent a majority of my time today sleeping, so there's that.

I'm a bit anxious because my sibling is not here this weekend. She's with the Girl Scouts on a camping trip to Beach Jam. So, obviously, I'm a bit like, "Please, please bring her back alive, or at least with one of her arms still attached, or mom won't trust me with her children ever again.". The trip sounds fucking awesome though. Camping on the beach and riding the rides on the boardwalk in Wildwood. I would have went but I have my own vacation coming up next month. Sometimes I get paranoid when taking off for things so close to each other because of work. So far she's already gone bungee jumping on one of those bungee rides where they hook you to a harness and sling shoot you out (she promised me she took video of it for me.), and apparently she's almost been kicked out of a haunted house for hitting one of the actors. In her defense she did tell her peers that pressured her that she does not do well in haunted houses. I'm surprised they even got her to go! I tried to get her to go in Kim's Krypt with my friend, his little sister, and I a few years back. She was screaming into my jacket before we even made it in. I guess I should count that as a small blessing though since Kim's doesn't give refunds.

I'm thinking of doing a little segment on the blog. It would be a book review segment. I want to call it 'The First 50 Pages', so named after Nancy Pearl's rule that you should at least read a book's first fifty pages before making an opinion about it. I'm still working out the kinks in said segment, and whether I want to spend my time doing it or not. What made me think of it is the fact that because of peer pressure (such a horrible thing to succumb to!), and because I want to see what the fuck all the hubbub is about, I am reading E.L. James' Fifty Shades Of Grey. Also, because I think that reading critically will help me when it comes to actually writing, as well as help me look at my own writing critically when I edit.

Some of my friends think I should read Fifty because they think it's this really good romance novel. Others are in it for the sex, even though a couple have claimed it gets pretty monotonous after a while. Then there is one who has laughed her way through all three books because she thinks they're absolutely horrible, in every sense of the word, and couldn't put it down because of said horribleness. I've heard many horrible things about it and some good things. All in all, I'm beginning to feel like I'm on the outside of some really weird inside joke. I want to find out what it's all about. I  need to know if the fuss is worth it.

I've tried very hard to get to 50 pages. It shouldn't be that hard. I read 30 pages in two hours last night at work in between calls. I took a bit longer than usual because after the first couple of pages I had so many thoughts, questions, and critiques spring up, I started writing them down by page number. Then I realized I had to write about my reading experience. I don't know why, I just have to. That's when I came up with the reviewing segment. It's also when I realized that in this instance, in order to fully experience everything, I can't just read the first 50 pages and be done with it, no matter how much I want to. Especially since all the really kinky shit happens in the second book, or so I'm told. So I am going to battle march (is that a phrase? It is now.) my way through all three books. I'm also going to read Twilight which is what it's based off of. ...Please pray for me and my psyche's well being.

Here's a bit of a spoiler for you though. I'm only 30 pages into Fifty and already, this is MFW:


GIFSoup

I'm very full right now. That's combined with my grogginess. I haven't eaten all day because I've been sleeping after working all night. So for dinner I ate two sandwiches and some fries. Now I'm kind of blech. You gotta love feelings of fullness that don't quite hit you until ten minutes after you've finished eating and make you go, "Why did I do that?"

It's so fucking loud in this house. I really need to get my netbook Tinytop looked at so I can write in my room. The usual white noise of the air conditioner is doing no good when combined with the little brother on the laptop next to me that doesn't know what, "Can you please turn that down?" means and insists on asking me questions, humming/singing loudly to himself, and commenting to himself on everything he views...and he just farted. Then in the living room are the parental units who have usually enjoyable 60's or 70's music on the TV turned up so loud and are having a jolly romp down Nostalgia Lane with each other.

If this happened once in a while I would agree while you called me a tired, bitchy, twat who needed to pop a melatonin and go back to bed. But this is usual for my house. It's always loud in here, always. ....And I've lost my earbuds for the time being so I can't listen to the sounds of rain on this computer turned up to 11.

And now I'm bored, and Stumbleupon and the ADD's are calling me, so I have to go. Everyone have a good one.

Smooches pooches, bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I wish my comment form was shiny.