Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Loot

The bed would have to wait to be made. Likewise, the unkempt room would have to wait its turn to be cleaned and finished. Right now, the girl was standing in the middle of the chaotic living space playing the air guitar. Her long, red curls whipped back and forth as she shook her head in a frenzy, no doubt pretending she was the lead singer of the band she was listening to.

There were exactly two seconds in between the transition of songs in which she had time to speculate whether or not she should take out her ear buds and get back to work. This was the hazard of listening to music while you cleaned. The next song started up and the air guitar soon gave way to untamed dancing. The energy of the dance and the music overtook her. Her eyes rolled up in their sockets, their lids halfway closed. Her hands flew up to the ceiling as she danced and softly came back down. Fingers that ran through sweaty hair came to rest on gyrating hips. Only exhaustion was going to end this trance-like state she was in. Here, alone in her room at one am, was the closest she had felt to God in a long time. Truth was in the music, life was in the dance.

So I almost threw my back out the day before Christmas Eve, actually the more I think about it it's probably more of a pulled muscle, dancing in my room. I blame Pandora, it picks all the good songs. It was to the point where I could hardly bend over and had to actually brace myself against whatever chair I was sitting in to stand. The next day it was feeling better. So what was my first move to do while getting ready for the Christmas party my parents were throwing? If your first guess was dance around like a lunatic much like I did the day before, then at this point you're a lot smarter than I am.

So now my back is still really sore. I can bend and walk and such, but I hurt and obviously have to refrain from thrashing and headbanging to music and take it easy...which sucks.

I hope everyone had an awesome Christmas, or whatever since the holidays are still going on, and got lots of awesome things and spent time with their families. I mainly got money (not complaining), so my actual gifts were few but kickass. My mom got me this gift box since I have a hard on for hot sauce.



Then my friend gave me this beautiful new pack of oracle cards since I've recently refound my faith. What's more is she got the artist, Jasmine Becket-Griffith, to sign both the box and the booklet that comes with them.



I love this woman's drawings so much. They're so beautiful and cute while being dark and sometimes creepy, all at the same time. The cards in question are no exception. I've gone through them at least twice now just to look at them.


I think this one with the red mermaid is my favorite though.


My sister said that this fairy reminded her of me.


Let's hope she meant because of the red hair and the 'Be your true self!' part. I'm not that grumpy. Just sometimes melancholic and apathetic.

And because it wouldn't be Christmas, or really any present giving scenario with my siblings, without a somewhat weird gift from me, I got all of them this thing called Squishy Baff that turns your bath water into gel. One of them didn't want it (I think he thinks he's too old.), but the other two wasted no time in getting into bathing suits later that night and combining all their packets in the tub.






They were like two year olds with it, it was hilarious. I wound up giving them my packet of Squishy Baff as well. We thought that one packet would be OK for this little bit of water in the bath but it took four. To be honest it probably could have used another packet or two more as well. It was like watery Jell-O in a way. It also kind of reminded us of the inside of a baby diaper.


I thought it would be one solidified thing of gel, but it's more like little gel granules. I told them next time we need to get a baby pool and then buy a bunch of Squishy Baff. Now that would be cool, and probably a lot more comfortable than having the 12 and the 17 year old sitting in a small bath together.




So what did everyone else get?

2 comments:

  1. LOL I've seen those squishy balls and wondered what it would like to bathe in jello. Glad I was wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, A.D. ~!

    The only thing close to "the loot" is a container of "Bathing Bad" salts a la Breaking Bad . . .

    ReplyDelete

I wish my comment form was shiny.