Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Everything Will Be Fine My Friend

I'm in my car listening to you tell me it's ok, that you didn't mind,  as I apologize for all our serious conversations. You have such a calming cadence when you talk. Even now I don't think you realize just how much you've helped me over the past two weeks. You were the signs of the coming spring in my prolonged winter of discontent. Perhaps this time the sun will actually come and stay.

I'm in my car driving you 'home'. I'm sad, but all that comes out is laughter and smiles. I should be telling you how much I'll miss you, but right now we're just making the same types of jokes as we always do. I can't tell if we're delaying anything.

I'm in my car in front of your sister's apartment hugging you and it may be going on for too long, but neither of us are letting go. I kiss the top of your head, your hair brushes against my lips. I always envied its silkiness when we were kids. I promise I'll come and visit you, but for now I'll just hug you and lay my cheek against your head. 

I'm in my car stalling, watching you enter the complex as I flip through my mp3 player. I should be playing something melancholic yet calming. It would fit so well with the situation. Instead I'm driving out of the parking lot, laughing, and blasting 'Tootsee Roll' by 69 Boyz at 7am.

Tootsie Roll by 69 Boyz on Grooveshark

3 comments:

  1. Aww such a sweet and sad post. I don't think I've seen you write this way before. Now I want to know more about this person and this situation.

    Also, I love the word 'cadence'. Great detail there. Sorry you're feeling so melancholy though. ::hugs::

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *huggings!* You're too sweet.

      Yeah, I thought I'd try something new with my writing style in my posts. I think I may have been holding myself to rigid and it's been holding me back a bit.

      The person is my friend from high school who I sometimes refer to as Pink Swiss. She lives in Virginia and I hadn't seen her in about a year or two...probably two. I miss her, we compliment each other and I just love being around her. She's so down to earth.

      Cadence is an awesome word! :D And it's ok, I'm getting better. Like I said, hopefully this time the sun will stay.

      Delete
  2. It must be nice having close friends like that

    ReplyDelete

I wish my comment form was shiny.