Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Short Open Letter

Dear Person-Who-Tried-To-Steal-My-Hubcap,

Really? A hubcap and that was all you saw fit to steal? Did you even look inside the car? I have some very nice books by Stephen King and Tim Burton in there...and at least one homemade keychain gifted to me by a friend. Although perhaps if you were doing more things like reading books without pictures and creating things in your downtime instead of stealing things from cars, then I wouldn't be writing this in the first place. I assume you'd have a better paying job as well.

It wasn't even the whole hubcap either. That's what really gets me. Let's take a look at your handy work, shall we?


tire photo tire.jpg

What in the hell is that? And don't act like I don't notice all the marks around where the center plate was. The edges of my hubcap looked as bent out of shape as a substitute teacher on thier first day.

 Was my tire really too much for you? Way to not commit, and this is why you fail.

Sincerely,
Addy von DenToten



7 comments:

  1. Oh, that is crazy ~! A lug nut connoisseur, perhaps . . . ? I remember having a cheap pair of jumper cables stolen, books and other stuff left intact, except for the glass debris. Cheerio, pip-pip ~!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The things people will steal are absolutely weird.

      Delete
    2. Or really I should say, the lengths people will go to steal something arbitrary are insane.

      Delete
  2. Ah crack-head logic. Similarly, I had someone break into my car, steal a bag of books (later recovered, they were thrown on a lawn a block away) and a hand-me-down bowling ball.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'crack-head logic'
      Well this is Dundalk. haha.

      Stealing and then throwing away books? Ugh! Such blasphemy!

      Delete
  3. That's pathetic. Wth were they trying to steal your hubcap? I guess it's a good thing that they were so incompetent, though it would have been funny if you caught them in the act and silently watched them struggle to pry off the lugnuts for a while before calmly asking "What are you doing?" That woulda scared the piss out of 'em.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! I really wish I would have caught them. I would have asked them if they needed help and then just have said, ' I work right around the corner, honestly you could have asked.' and then left with them just standing there holding a hubcap going,....wat?

      I have no clue why thieves and car jackers have such an interest in my car. From the slight dent on the hood, to the minor scratches, worn tires, broken/missing knobs, worn carpets, and the fact that because of major water and condensation issues I have to almost always drive with either the heater/ac on full blast or the windows down since I won't be able to see any other way, it kind of sucks.

      But it can do that vroom-vroom-steer thing that I like that cars are generally known for, so there's that saving grace. ;p

      Delete

I wish my comment form was shiny.