Thursday, March 5, 2015

Hindsight On Hindsight 104

Finally got my card back. Not loving that I had to pay 7.50 for my bank's mistake, but I don't really have proof that they didn't send me my card so...what do you do? At least my bills are paid off, that's all I care about right now.

Now it's back to Hindsight. I'll try to get through all of them before next Wednesday.



This episode of Hindsight opens up with Becca giving the craziest interview to a prospective employer, divulging her time traveling secret to her as a reason she should be hired. 

Holy hell Becca, way to stay on the down low.

But it turns out to be a fake one with all British impersonations done by Lolly. 


Jolly good show lolly!
***


Then Becca leaves and, what I presumed to be, Poor Man's Keanu pulls a Clarissa explains it all and comes in through the window.


Or not, Lolly this clown is creepy not funny.


Nevermind it was Keanu after all...whatever gets you off Lolly. No judgement.
***
It has always confused and amused me when, in a movie or show, the characters are supposed to be quiet and secretive but are quite obviously loud as hell. Unless Lolly's nightly routine involves clown horns and loudly talking to herself, you'd think that would raise some questions with Becca. 
***
Of course Becca finds them in bed the next morning after, leading Keanu to yell out "Lolly and I are dating!" As Lolly chases after Becca apologizing.

Smooth as fuck Keanu. 
***

I've never had to think about my brother's penis while in an interview. Anger totally justified at seeing Lolly and Keanu post coitus.
***
The word coitus is kind of gross. I promise to limit my usage of it from now on.
***
...Coitus
***
Now for an interview montage, yay!

She just wowed the interviewer by fixing his chair. And I say "fixing" because all she did was lower it. I thought she was going to bring out some sort of tool kit and get to work on fixing that weird squeak or whatever, but no, she just utilizes the lever on the side.

Her first interviewer was literally too stupid to lower his chair.
***
I am loving this montage with her helping everyone with their new tech and sassing them on her knowledge of digital film, which is most definitely a thing now.
***


Bro, do you even Windows?
***
Come out of an interview and oh look it's Mr. Nice and devil incarnate, I mean Melanie!


My facial expressions exactly Becca. This is much worse than having the image of your brothers penis in your head while in an interview.
***
I am amazed at Becca's recollection skills. I would not be able to time travel and then remember which year I went as a skater to a Halloween party. Then again, I have no concept of time.
***
Back at Lolly's we gain a new nickname for Satan. Meerkat Melanie. 

That shit's too cute for her, seriously.
***
And Becca's time traveling knowledge lands her all the job offers. As we all knew it would.
***


And then a call from Melanie has the ruin it. 
***
Giving out 17 year old Friend spoilers? Jeez Becca, get your time traveling shit together.
***
We finally get to know what happened between Lolly and Jamie that's making Becca freak so much about them dating. And I have to be honest, it's slightly lack luster. Only because I thought we were going to get a big backstory. Jamie got so depressed he....I'm assuming drank himself almost to death? Do you pump stomachs for alcohol? I've never drank enough to find out. 

Either way the doctors that day told Becca she was lucky enough to find him when she did or her brother would be dead. So she makes Lolly promise to be careful with him.

It's sad that he did that, but is she never supposed to break up with him now? This kind of sounds like something Becca should be talking to her brother about as well. I really think it shouldn't just be Lolly who knows about the time traveling.

Besides, with Lolly on her side it might be even easier to convince Jamie that Becca's telling the truth.
***


We do get a glimpse of that in the next scene before Jamie shoes her out the door for embarressing him with her stupid caring. To be honest it's not quite enough to give him such a light warning and a "I'm here if you need me" talk while laying all the responsibility for Jamie's mental health and well being on Lolly. 

Not right at all Becca.
***


This is like a cleaner, real life Oscar the Grouch. 

All 90's bachelors and co ed bachelorette pads had the weird roommate, double points if they were a camaflogue roommate like this one. It was just a thing. 
***
Sometimes I feel like we need a where are they now on all strange 90's roommates.
***
I like the throwback to her fear and hesitancy of elevators they threw in when she's pro and conning which job offers to take.

"32nd floor, too many stairs."

Cute
***
Forget Lolly on this one, I would absolutely travel back in time for an entry level job if it gave me health benefits.
***


I'm getting slight bad vibes on the waitress's new beau.
***
I'm not sure "Do you have fishnet stockings " is a question we ever really need to ask Lolly. We allll know the answer to that.
***
Cut to Lolly and Jamie picking up fishnets in a Halloween store and....nevermind. I am legitimately surprised she didn't have a pair of her own to lend.
***


When you want to talk about feelings and all he wants to do is kiss.
***
Cut scene to sad bun bun Andy. 


Awww Andy.
***
Andy you'll never be cool as long as you're with Meerkat.
***
Meerkat Melanie's Halloween plans are ruined when Simon demands she deal with a flood in his apartment. 

Gotta say tonight is lookin better for our protagonist now.
***

But it isn't fair I have to do the shitty job I gloated over getting after you quit!

Well I'm not sorry Melanie, now go supervise that flooded apartment while the person you hate takes your man......to the party without you of course. 
***

What the what. You can't just peek on people undressing Becca! I don't care if they are the past version of your future fiancĂ©.
***
I just


....Well then. 

Yes. A very merry unbirthday to you Becca, and to all of us as well.
***

In the meantime, Lolly is stuck being Beavis without Jamie, who is late to the party because he got high instead.
***
If they 'very special episode' us I'm going to be pissed.
***

Can we please just take time to appreciate Halloween Courtney and Kurt right here? 
***

The upgrade to Andy's suit to show how much better he fits with Becca than Meerkat is not subtle, but whatever gets him out of a full body suit and into something more fitted I'm all about.
***


I knew I had a bad feeling about the waitress's new boy. Although I was slightly scared it would wind up being Jamie for some reason. Now I kind of don't care.

Well, I mean, I kind of do. Mmm I'll make his axle rose.....rise... No wait, what?
***
You could also tell him about Axle's future hair plugs Becca, just don't tell Lolly. Let her enjoy this version of Axle while she can.
***
When cool is used this many times in a sentence it's never cool. Much like fine. Especially when women use it.
***

That face when you're in a crisis and you're friend wants to criticize your linguistics.
***

I know it's Lolly and Jamie but Beavis and Butthead kissing is like the fanfic non of us ever wanted.
***
Jamie's friends stole him away to have fun, and I'd feel bad for Lolly but I'm really glad I don't have to watch Beavis and Butthead kissing anymore.
***
"I just want to look at the person I'm with and feel like I've won the lottery. DoyoufeelthatwaywithMelanie??"

".................
...............I love being with her."

I swear to Christ everyone in this episode is just smooth as fuck.
***
"Beavis and Butthead don't kiss."

Oh thank you Lolly pop, thank you.

"Since when?"

DON'T YOU RUIN THIS FOR ME JAMIE!!
***
Becca is just standing in frot of a significantly better looking Andy in a hotter version of his girlfriend's costume innocently tying his bow tie....


Oh shit.
***

Well yes Mel you are stupid but.. Oh shit she just laid the secret of the kiss for everyone in that bar to hear.
***

Oh shit.
***

Oh my goth! Blurry, cropped, and auto enhanced Sean is punching out blurry, cropped, and auto enhanced Andy! 

Look people it was the best screenshot I could do.
***

That's what I said.
***
"Tell that to Bunny Foo Foo's face" 

Poor Page, she deserves better and I'm glad she knows it. If I know my sitcoms, this relationship is over and there's no way it will ever be reconciled or dragged out for half a season (prove me wrong episode writers).
***


Poor Bunny Foo Foo, it is a pretty face even when it is busted up.
***
Just because we get into an argument with our girlfriend, it doesn't mean we break things Jamie!

Even if it is a crappy skull trophy.
***
Although if I'm honest with myself, I like the way it just disintegrated upon touching the ground. There is nothing more annoying than trying to break something out of anger and it just won't break.
***
At the end Becca gets a job writing for a magazine company predicting what will be the hottest new bands and such. Very fitting,as it should be.

I kind of want to see a scenario where Becca predicts a famous band that is famous in our timeline but because she predicts they're going to be famous based on their future fame she tells people about them at the wrong time before they've grown as a group and they don't get to be famous. Like the group is in thier weird awkward stage when no one was listening to them, only now that stage is in the spotlight. I don't know why, I just would. Or they become famous but the premature fame changes how thier music sounds or something. It would be a nice subversion of the time traveler predicts shit trope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I wish my comment form was shiny.