Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Hindsight On Hindsight 106

I like to use social media to try reaching a larger audience for this blog. Same reason why I sometimes post about current events. Well, partially anyway. Yesterday I tweeted a new post was ready for Hindsight on Hindsight. Usually I use the hashtag #HindsightOnHindsight. I thought about it this time and realized that if not a lot of people know about this blog post, how is that hashtag going to help. No one will know to look for it. Instead I just tagged one of the hindsights. Sometimes when I write about TV shows and such I forget that there are celebrities using the same social platforms I'm using and they can see what is written about their shows or whatever. So of course this happened:


Nick Clifford favorited my tweet! Which meant I had to write this:


He favorited it again! That adorable little mongoose!

Obviously what I'm trying to tell you all is the wedding is set for July and everyone is invited. Also, you should follow him on Twitter if you like following adorable mongooses.

Follow me too.

Enough wedding planning. It's time to stop flirting with celebrities and sit down for another Hindsight On Hindsight.




This episode of VH1's newest hospital drama begins after Becca receives the news of Andy's car crash.

I was going to try and make fun of the opening scene but the actress for Becca is really good and how dare she give me legitimate feelings. 
***

Staring at yourself in the mirror while you cry is a weird thing to do. Not like I haven't done it though. We've all done it.
***

I am getting really confused as to how Becca knew about Andy. No one knows what Andy was doing on the Jersey turnpike, well, except for you and I of course. Our next scene is Lolly looking at a number on a piece of paper that belongs to either her old friend/fling's (Kevin) or her current boyfriend, Jamie. Paige comes in all nonchalant to complain about the sad sap mood music playing in the background.

I'm going to right away assume that neither of them know about Andy. Lolly has known Andy for a while, and while she doesn't see him as a sexual mate since she seriously questions Becca at the beginning of this season when our time traveler reveals their future romance, I can't see it in her character to just not give a shit about him being in a car wreck of this magnitude that she (unknowingly at the time) personally saw the aftermath of. Or to at least not care about how this would affect either Becca or her brother.

Paige doesn't know Andy like the rest of the cast do but she is a good person at heart, so it doesn't make sense for her character to not care in any shape or form. Even if it was to just ask Lolly how Becca is doing, or if they're going to meet the woman she just spent all of last episode bonding with at the hospital for moral support.

All we see is Becca's father, who is a doctor, at the hospital. Andy's father, mother, and Melanie are there too. None of them understand why he was driving on the turnpike so it makes no sense for them to know where Becca was to reach her.

And Melanie is such a freaking liar. Unless I'm getting the time lines wrong. She tells Andy last episode she won't be home and she is going to sleep at her parents house because they're on the offs again. Yet when Andy's father says he was supposed to be staying in and ordering dinner with Melanie she quips, "That was the plan."

Bitch, no it wasn't! Unless she thinks if she tells them about their fight they'll blame her for him going for a drive to presumably clear his mind. This is the only explanation that makes sense. So enough about Melanie, who killed Laura Palmer?!

....Uhhhhhh, I mean, who called Becca?!
***

Jamie, how embarrassing. I was just about to call someone marginally cuter who has his shit together.
***

Becca's father walks in on her praying for Andy and now he knows they have a thing. Meanwhile, Lolly gets to have awkward sleeping arrangements with Jamie who decides to spend the night.


What I wouldn't give to be in Becca's shoes.
***
So her father didn't know about the cabin or Andy's intentions so that's one person that's definitely out.
 
So then who shot JR?

I mean, who called Becca? Damn, I have to stop doing that.
***

When the main is worried about her man and the side piece wants to comfort her.

Don't worry Melanie, it was awkward for us too.
***
Jesus Christ Melanie, Andy just got out of surgery the doctors didn't think he was going to make it through. Let the man have his smegging Tang!
***

"Can you believe this Pellegrino drinking bitch?"
***
Lolly got a call from Becca to help her get things for Andy. That means Lolly and Jamie just found out about Andy from Becca so those people are out.
***

"At least I hope it's Melanie's drawer."

I don't know. Andy's got some nice legs....or everything really. I'm down with him cross dressing.
***

Becca and Lolly find the picture of Becca and Andy he keeps with his video games. Gods, I am shipping these guys so hard right now. They're not my OTP, but it's getting there.
***

Paige, what are you doing? Chairs don't talk outside of Disney movies and other cartoons.
***

Oh good, she's just practicing lines. And now she might get to practice them on Sean (I always want to pronounce that word as 'seen' so bad).
***
Alright, so I was right and Melanie did lie to Andy's parents. I told you that part made too much sense.
***
She thinks Andy was coming after her. 

Awkward turtle.
***

Becca has a thing for charts and lists and graphs I'm noticing. I wish my problems were so easily graphable.  Maybe I need a Becca who sees life as a never ending flow chart? 
***

"This is why I studied film. So I could work in a movie store and not deal with this bullshit."

I dig it. Not an exact quote by the way.
***

If Sean doesn't pull anymore jealous of Becca bullshit these two could be so cute together.
***

This is my exact face at probably every job I've ever had when a customer holds me up by trying to make some sort of connection with me.

I wonder how many times I've missed a conversation with a Lolly on those days. Hmmmm.
***

"She has to tell the same dyslexia story to every waitress she comes across."
***


That's the most attractive road rash I've ever seen and oh my goth! He remembers he was supposed to go to the lake to see Becca!
***

"Not when you have Melanie."

Becca I will slap you.
***


I lived through a car crash for this shit?

We know Andy, we know.
***

Your intentions were good but your delivery was bad and you should feel bad!
***

I tried to keep you from drinking Tang for this shit?

I can't believe the outcome of this crash. Wild as hell.
***
Out on the streets, Weird 90's Roommate and Jamie are discussing the prevalence of modern day unicorns and how awesome Lolly was.
***
I swear everyone on this show gives their old relationships at least one more dying shot no matter how bad it is. It's crazy yet admirable. 
***
Flaw in that bold gesture logic dear Roommate. They only work if you've learned the lesson of what went wrong and are willing to go through with the intention behind the gesture, to work on the relationship and be a better person. Sometimes it's a crap shoot even then. It depends on how much damage has been done because you can do all the bold gestures you want but it won't solve underlying problems that continue after the fact.
***


That looks like the most uncomfortable position to lay on a couch I've ever seen.
***


"I feel like a wrecking ball."

I now feel the only reason she's a time traveler is so the writers of the show can stick in modern references in a 90's setting without all the odd  anachronism without an explanation that would occur.
***


This. This is the face that bullshit and cliche bold gestures get you.

You know what probably would have been a better bold gesture? Not missing part of the Halloween party and messing it up because you wanted to get all drunk and high with your friends. Also, maybe take the damn trash out every once in a while.
***
And now I think I almost special episoded us and I'm sorry.
***

That was actually a beautiful verbal beat down and really good use of the term "morally bankrupt". I am amazed at our little Meerkat.
***
"Our little Meerkat." 

Look, I'm starting to like her just like I started liking Bitchy Phoebe. Damn this show it's done it to me again!
***

Lolly wants to talk after picking him up from jail. So wait the bold gesture worked? Nice. Well done lad, let's see how well you pull through.
***

As if skipping to the kissing bit would work on Paige.
***

Now that's just sweet.
***

"Just be careful with the booze, OK?"


"You don't get to lecture me."

So what was our big gesture for again? Jamie will do anything for love but I guess he won't do that. This is exactly what I was just talking about.


The pathetic thing about this whole scene is that it actually looked like the gesture had worked and he was about to be forgiven and receive another chance with Lolly. Considering that he arrived drunk to her house in a car that was most likely driven by a drunk driver then got arrested, simply asking someone to 'take it easy on the drinking' instead of getting sober and not touching booze ever again is definitely not a lecture.
***

Poor man's Hootie sans the Blowfish! I was wondering where the hell he's been.
***
Melanie is finally leaving Andy for good it seems. 

...I probably shouldn't invite her to the wedding. Sour grapes and all that.
***
Guess they were Melanie's shoes after all.
***

For fuck's sake. How can this not make a mess of things?
***
Maybe Becca should do more life choices flow charts.


There's the end of all that. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to do another post in between double work shifts.


New pet theory of mine: No one called Becca. Hootie is a Morgan Freeman is God type character and he just gave her claircognizance at that moment. It's the only thing I can come up with since she had no cellphone, no one knew where she was, and they didn't take two cars to Chapel Hill. She was left at the lake with no car that we know of.


Either that or she took a taxi home after Andy didn't come for her, saw the wreck, and just put two and two together. However, if she did that then she would have already known he was going to the lake for her.


It's also possible I missed something in her opening monologue and my confusion is not verified at all and I just made an ass of myself throughout this post. But I don't think I missed anything. I do however make an ass out of myself no matter what.


Plot hooooole. See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. You caught a mongoose! Awesome :-) It’s funny because I was reading an article about the evils of Twitter at the exact same time I read this post…and now I’m resisting the urge to join Twitter so I can chat with Laura Ramsey. Or Molly Quinn. Or Britt Robertson. Or...oh wait, those are the only shows I watch...although idk if Britt is still technically on Under The Dome, since her character was killed off and all. But I digress.

    Tbh, I’m re-reading this post because I first read it yesterday at 7am and I was so bleary-eyed that I actually asked Diana “What character does Nick Clifford play?”

    Um…it’s right there. Andy on HINDSIGHT. Duh. Wake up, Chris.

    "And now she might get to practice them on Sean (I always want to pronounce that word as 'seen' so bad)." I can relate to this.… in HS I had a friend named Sean Agan (pronounced Ay-gn) and at least one person liked to call him ‘Seen Again’ just to mess with him.

    I really like Jamie and I'm shipping him and Lolly hard but man he's fucking up left and right here. His gf wants him to dress up as Butthead and meet her at a bar. How hard is that? Seriously, if that's all my s-o wanted out of me was to dress up like a cartoon character and not get baked I'd be loving life. And yes, the John Cusack boombox gesture is cliche as hell. It was overdone 20 years ago...

    "I am getting really confused as to how Becca knew about Andy." Your sleuthing on this fascinates me. Diana & I had a similar discussion during last night’s ep.

    I have more thoughts on specific episodes/character arcs but I’ll wait till you catch up with your episode recaps before I share :-) I will say that Diana & I talk about the show more than anything else lately. And i still don't like Meerkat Melanie. Hissss! (do meerkats hiss?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did catch a mongoose! I seem to be getting semi good at that type of stuff these days. :p I kind of like Twitter and such because you get to interact with your celebrity heroes in a way you never could before. When I was a kid we had fan clubs and fan mail. Now it's kind of like overkill, but here we are.

      Yes, Andy, silly Chris. :p

      Oh my goth, if my last name was Agan I would definitely not name my child Sean. XD

      Right? At first I was thinking that maybe he and her didn't fit because she's too flighty, but truth be told he's too much of an idiot for Lolly. She can do better!

      It's going to be one of life's greatest mysteries. Why kids love Cinnamon Toast Cr--- ummm I mean, who called Becca?

      We can say Meerkats can hiss. Why not, I don't know much about them. The way I look at it, we have a 50/50 shot at being correct or incorrect about this.

      Delete
  2. That's funny on the hashtags, which backwards must be sgathsah???????

    Now, what this about a wedding? Will have to work backwards now . . .

    ReplyDelete

I wish my comment form was shiny.