Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Hindsight On Hindsight 108

I can tell when I've taken too long with a promises post when I start getting cute cat talk comments from blogger friends. Yes you can has Hindsight 108 starting ..... nao!



We start off in a flash forward-back to the first time Becca meets Kevin. There's nothing gained from this other than what we already know, that Becca does indeed know of Kevin already and something bad and/or douchey may have happened with him, or else she wouldn't be acting standoffish. We got that from their door meeting at the end of the last episode. We kind of could have done without this particular flash forward-back. It wasn't a very long flash-whatever though. It's not like it makes a huge difference. The scene ends with Becca dodging questions about a relationship from Lolly and charitying her strawberry jam to Kevin.
***
At her job Becca keeps blurting out oddities like she was a Drew Barrymore before Drew Barrymore was Drew Barrymore. We have had enough time to acclimate to the time travel. C'mon girl, just say 'Yes I've been to a rave.' That's it. 

She also is trying to unleash viral marketing unto the world because Becca has to be the first at everything. No judgement, I'd do the same. You'll know if I've ever foud a way to time jump to the past because Lady Gaga will fade away like Marty and Lady Toten will replace her with a cackle.

I don't know, I really like Gaga's voice.
***

"I'm not interested in being part of this Bermuda Love Triangle."

This is absolutely why I love this chick. 
***

Another Kevin flash forward-back begins when Becca sees a street juggler. From the look on her face when she saw the juggler I almost expected her to run up to him and tell him some intrinsic detail about his life that would affect him in 10 years unless he did something about it. But no, just jogging her memory of Kevin. 
***
I'm starting to get the feeling Becca may have had an affair with Kevin.
***
Lolly is cute when she's flustered.
***

How could you not take this face to a rave? I would take her to all of them, every single one. 
***

Kevin, you're such a buttinski. Then again Lolly is a putinski, so...
***

"You're going to love each other!"

And affair halfway to confirmed. Look at that face.

'I am going to poison everyone.'
***

It makes me happy inside that Paige and Becca aren't mad about dick swapping with each other. 
***

Spider-Lolly, Spider-Lolly, doing whatever a Spider-Lolly does.
***

And another flash that ends with Kevin renewing Becca's lust for...apricots. I love being right. Absolutely love it. It's almost sexually gratifying. 
***
I know that Becca has qualms about telling people things that are going to happen and/or trying to change them. We've seen why. But when it comes to something like this, I think I would just tell Lolly what happened in the future-past. Just get it out of the way. Like, "Here's why I've been acting crazy. Do with that information what you will. I won't cock block you."

Something like that.
***

I love how they're all like, 'Is that the dude?'

He's got the aforementioned purple hair and he's sucking on a glow stick. I think we're in the clear.
***
'Boysenberry? Dem's fightin' words!'

Chill your purple ass down. 
***

That's right Lolly, glow sticks are more fun than drugs.

...Although sometimes it's the drugs that make the glow sticks fun. Like a weird catch 22.
***
Lolly has more faith in herself to navigate a subway system than I ever could. Instead of meeting back up with my friends at a rave the show would just have to flash forward a couple of years to me making friends with hobos, living in some underground homeless community and wondering what the over dwellers were up to as I thought of what once was. 

I'm really bad with directions and navigation sometimes, that's all I'm trying to say.
***
Becca thinks the universe wants her to get with Kevin. Or maybe the universe is trying to get you to show some willpower Becca, jeez. Just because it's there it doesn't mean you have to hop on it.
***

There's always that one painting that boggles your mind as to why it's being sold for such a price. With this I assume it's the size of it.
***

Bitch alert! Danger Paige Robinson!
***
Becca's crooked sticker skills are 2edgy4me. 

I do kind of miss all that Extreeeme! advertising that was so prevalent in my childhood.

*Guitar riff sounds in the distance as I blast off on my jet pack, roller blades permanently strapped to my feet.*
***

Well someone should tell Lolly.
***

We see Lolly rollin', she's not hatin', because she's on the fifth alphabetic letter.
***

Owen is now poor man's Jack Black.  Listen to his diction, it's totally the same.
***

I miss Starscape now. I have no clue if that is even still around.
***

So dicking Paige over, but not dicking her, seems to be Sean's favorite pastime.
***

Well color me a shocking shade of Boysenberry. I thought the new year scene was about Lolly dating Becca's brother and Becca finally telling Lolly he OD'ed, or something. 

If it was me I'd definitely hesitate telling Lolly as well, but I think I'd still tell her.  I mean in present time. Obviously in past time she kind of had to. Not really a choice there.
***

Oh my goth just tell her.
***

So Becca's blurting can be a good thing.
***

You know Becca, communication is the key to relationships.
***

Douchebag has a point. Paige didn't tell him this job was anything more than a cash grab, and she has been repeatedly rejecting him. It's actually not his fault if he moves on. I can absolutely understand her hesitancy but she made her move too little too late.
***

*Insert canned studio audience Oooo's and whistles here.*

New fan theory expanded on: 
I'm still partial to my fan theory that this is a TV show in universe created by Lolly. There are too many people that resemble other actors. This means they either are their actor counterpart in universe, as in Owen is what their Jack Black looks like. Or Lolly specifically picked those people because she couldn't get said actor, which is a complete Lolly thing to do.

"Hey! You totally look like Jack Black!"
"Are you coming on to me or insulting me?"
"I don't know but do you want to be on television?"

Tell me you can't see her having that exact conversation.

Oh gosh, only two more episodes left. Only two more! 

2 comments:

  1. Ergh! How did I miss your post(s)? Stupid A to Z challenge clogging up my blogroll...I should just subscribe already.

    Cute cat talk comments...are you referring to moi? Yay I has a happi nao :-)

    Spider-Lolly haha...that was awesome.

    Reason #1 not to take Addy to NYC...wouldn't want you to end up in an underground hobo colony, lol.

    When we first watched this ep, wifey thought that the art gallery chick was Katie Holmes...she's usually right about stuff like that so I actually believed her. Plus I have all your "poor man's ____" casting in my head. Which reminds me - what exactly was the point of poor man's Hootie? I feel like the writers sort of forgot him or they don't know how to use that character properly.

    Also, I think poor man's Heath Ledger(Sean) has outlived his usefulness. Like, what else can they do with him at this point?

    Have I mentioned that wifey is a huge fan of this show? She re-watched all the eps on demand and everything. I feel like I'm so far behind you two because I only watched them once. Perhaps I should refresh my memory before your next Hindsight on Hindsight summary :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Addy...what's happening...uh...I'm gonna need you to go ahead and finish those last two Hindsight on Hindsight posts...yeah, we need your reports on 109 and 110 and uh, it's been a few weeks...yeah...so if you could just go ahead and uh...post those for us...that would be great...mmkay?

    Thanks a bunch, Addy.

    ReplyDelete

I wish my comment form was shiny.