Saturday, May 30, 2015

Hindsight On Hindsight 109

I have been a naughty monkey lately, and  have subsequently neglected this blog. I also have no concept of time, which I understand is actually quite fitting for a blog post about time travel, but apparently it's been almost 2 months (I guess) or a month since I've done a blog post, and specifically about Hindsight on Hindsight but I could have sworn that it was shorter. What I'm trying to say guys is mea culpa.

Never mind that now .....onto the post!



This episode of Hindsight opens with our Becca doing the I-Went-To-A-Rave-Last-Night-AndAll-I-Got-Was-This-Lousy-Glowstick zombie walk to the kitchen with some oddly mournful music in the background.  Then again this was the 90's, you either had pop, rap, mournful pop, or anti establishment pop. Those were our only choices and we were grateful!

Kevin comes out of what I assume is Lolly's room and confirms that he had a great time last night. But honestly, his usage of the phrase 'How many guys get to say that they went out with the two prettiest girls in New York?' combined with Becca's unhistory-history with him makes me slightly wary of any relationship he gets into with Lolly.
***


If I had a dollar for everytime I woke up like that I could actually do this blogging without having to worry about work.
***
New Headcanon that Lolly created pogs and someone stole the idea. I completely believe it.
***
Careful Lolly, the man slept on your floor and is acting way to brusque about running those errands.
***


Bitch has a point about your work Sean. She does run a gallery. Or she at least attended one....or whatever.  
***



I just...wanted more of this on the blog. *ahem*
***

'Use your mouth, not your tongue.'

Point made but you are one to smegging talk Becca.
***


I want to say that I am amazed that Lolly knows what the hell that motor mouthed singer is saying. I mean yes we had the internet in the 90's but it wasn't like the internet now. Lyric websites dedicated to decoding a singer's words and sometimes the meaning weren't nearly as prevalent as they are now. You had to either listen really closely to the music or song over and over again, talk with other fans in chat rooms and newsgroups, or you had to read the CD/Cassette booklet. And Gods help you if that CD had one of those booklets that only had artwork or only told you about the credits of who did what for the album. That always upset me.
***
'You're like a sister to me.'

That son of a bitch!

In other news, I'm here for you Lolly. Come into my arms. Come to Butthead.
***

'No, Jamie Lee Curtis will ruin the movie for you.'

This dude is my favorite in so many ways. 
***
Listen to the man Becca, he is a love and breakup guru.
***

Invite him to the party Becca! Invite the love guru!

I hope he crashes the party.
***

Becca's viral marketing worked, too well. I say, if you can't stand the heat get out of the sauna zine dude. 

Same thinking and motto applies to Becca. If you can't stand a Lolly Party, don't have Lolly invite the people and plan the party.

I'm just saying.
***
This episode we have usage of the word glitterati. Last episode it was friend zone. I cannot remember if these words were in use in that time era. They just kind of stand out as anachronisms. 
***
You have to love Sean's confused look at the end of that scene with Paige.

'I only started a relationship with someone you don't like and didn't want me to have a relationship with. Why are you so upset?'
***

Crazy hours, a company? Snazzy dressing? 

Jamie almost died doing coke things with his coke friend and decided to turn his life around, I guarantee it. Hopefully.
***
Jamie: Invasion of the Bodysnatchers edition, obviously.
***

'When I apologize to a girl I usually just get her flowers.'

HA! Hahahaaha! Hahahahaaaaaa!

I remember the drunken ride with coke friend to hold a boombox to Lolly's balcony. Then again he did say usually.
***
Sean and his new beau go to a schmoozy, snooty looking art party so he can try to be schmoozy and snooty and network. Right off the bat the whole affair kind of reeks of pretension. Then again this dude is making more money than Sean who is more...ahh, low rent then some of the party goers.  

I think his beau is going to try and fail to Pretty Woman Sean. 
***

This cereal Christmas tree is absolutely better than flowers.
***

Woohoo! Our girls are back together. We need more Paige hanging out with Lolly and Becca in this show. I love them.
***

Snooty bitches everywhere, Sean, and not enough hands to smack them. 

I am quite worried for Sean after the male snoot's 'he likes them young' remark. That chick looks almost thirty though.
***

Yes, Sebastian!
***
'I'm nobody's sister.'

That's my Lolly. Get it girl, just don't get upset when it don't work is all I'm going to say.
***
It is almost irresponsible how hard I'm still willing to ship Lolly and Jamie.
***

That possible teenager is such a bitch. 
***

What the hell Sebastian. This is a colonoscopy video, not some avant garde artistic vision someone had. Then again, sometimes it's really hard to tell.
***

Yes Paige, that look. The tables in this show turn quick as hell.
***
'You should always assume there's a fight going on and you should always assume it's your fault.'

I'm going to be honest, that's my default for if anyone even so much as smiles at me. It's just best to be prepared.
***
I absolutely love how Jamie is trying to be wingman for Lolly, but I really hope she kisses him instead at the end of this show.
***

Ooooooh, forehead blocked. Sorry Lolly.
***

The Gods are real, they love us and this is proof.
***


Damn fine magazine sale kiss.

But seriously, thirty minute sell out at midnight for what is essentially a no name startup zine is amazing.
***



And this is why I'm still going to hold out hope for a Lolly/Jamie ship, because this type of relationship and interaction is tons more healthier than what they started out as.
***



Oh I should have known. Damn it Jamie.
***


So apparently the man she was arguing with was her actual father. I'm going to be honest, completely thought that maybe she was going to be a prostitot of some sort after the young remark.
***

I wonder when Sean will tell her about Paige. This better be a completely professional relationship. 

Although if she drops him because he won't date her it would be pretty stupid on her part seeing as because of his level of skill in art she finally got Daddy's attention and approval. 
***
 
Oh crap
***

I still want to know what the hell is going on with poor man's Darius Rucker. We haven't seen the Buddha quoter in a while and I'm starting to wonder if the writers of this show even know what to do with his character.  Maybe he'll make an end of season appearance in the next, and last (oh gosh! I'm so behind on what happens.), episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I wish my comment form was shiny.